[BUG] Memory Ref. Error in tetex(?) post-install process

Current SETUP.EXE (2.249.2.5) updating almost everything. Mostly
tetex/texmf stuff is new.
Post-Install script starts and then throws:
> sh.exe instruction at 0x77f8ed61 referenced memory at 0x00000010.
> The memory could not be "written".
> Click [OK] to terminate.

At that point, the script window shows:

> ==================== binaries found by searching $PATH ===================
> tex: /usr/bin/tex
> etex: /usr/bin/etex
> pdftex: /usr/bin/pdftex
> omega: /usr/bin/omega
> mf: /usr/bin/mf
> mpost: /usr/bin/mpost
> tcdialog: /usr/bin/tcdialog

Using ProcessExplorer, I see that there is a tree of SH.EXE invocations
about 5 deep.

After clicking [OK] the process goes to the usual very verbose TeX
initialization steps. I can't tell what, if anything, was compromised.

A zip file of SETUP.LOG.FULL was originally included but the size-limit
stopped it.
--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim; R. M. French, tr.