Re: setup.exe problem untarring tetex-extra-20020530-3.tar.bz2

"David A. Case" <case@scripps.edu> writes:

> The files appeared to download OK, but the install step hung, with the
> following text in the setup window:
>
> installing
> tetex-extra-20020530-3
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/pk/ljfour/jknappen/ec/ecm1095.600pk

Make sure you have the latest version of setup.exe
(http://cygwin.com/setup.exe).  If it still doesn't work, what version
of Windows do you use?

> Fortunately, many mirrors don't yet have these files, so I was able
> to reinstall the previous versions from other mirrors.
>
> I unzipped the tar.bz2 file, and extracted the above file..it seemed
> to be fine, as far as I could tell.

I don't understand.  Did you in the end install tetex-extra by hand
(doing somethig like: cd /; tar xjf /tmp/tetex-exta*bz2) or did you
revert your installation to 20001218-4 et al?

> Has anyone else seen this, or have any ideas about what might have gone
> wrong?

No, it works for me.

Having said that...  As you're doing an update and the tarball is ok,
there might be something funny on the filesystem.  Could you try to
move /usr/share/texmf away:

    mv /usr/share/texmf /usr/share/texmf.old

and (re)install all tetex packeges using setup.exe?

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter