Re: Console issue

On 8 Aug 2002 at 14:03, John Vincent wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When using "vi" don't use the scroll bar. "vi" is designed
> to work on a terminal, or a window acting like a terminal.
>
> You should use the page-up and page-down keys on the keyboard
> instead.

Yes, I know this... I'm pointing out a problem that doesn't exist in
Linux.  It's some sort of  problem in vi/vim or the console handling.
On my Linux box, hitting the ":" after scrolling up in gnome-terminal
brings you back in the terminal to the proper place so your screen
doesn't get messed up...