Re: OpenSSH and WinCVS in Windows 9x

Hi everybody,

After some investigation, I got a few results that might be of interest.

I dived into the WinCVS 1.2 code, and found out that WinCVS hangs in
get_responses_and_close()@cvs-1.10/src/client.c, when calling waitpid.

I checked on the Linux server where the cvs server is run, and the cvs server
process didn't terminate. If I kill manually the cvs server process on the
linux server, the dos box on the windows computer is closed and waitpid
returns.

If I run WinCVS and OpenSSH on an NT computer (I tried NT5.0), cvs server
terminates nicely and WinCVS doesn't hang.

Now, I'd like to know why the cvs server doesn't terminate. I suppose it
should terminate after sending its reply.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide me with some help.

Laurent Pinchart