Re: major issue with cygwin (big bug)

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 04:39:15PM +0200, Sebastian Gottschall wrote:
>I?m currently using Windows .NET RC1 as development platform.
>My problem with cygwin is, that it is impossible to start the
>environment and also impossible to execute any executable based on
>cygwin.
>The program starts and will immediately terminated. (sometimes also by a
>access violation)
>I hope it is possible to solve this problem in a short time

It is not possible.  None of the core developers has RC1 and we typically
do not work on this kind of thing before it is released.

That is why the cygwin web page specifically mentions "non beta" versions
of Windows.

However, I'm sure that Red Hat (or others here, even) would entertain a
contract to get cygwin working on the current .NET if you are willing to
pay for it.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .