Re: _exit() missing WSACleanup() call?

"Juergen Buchmueller" <pullmoll@t-online.de> wrote:
> After running it for 2 or so minutes on Win98SE the main() can
no longer
> connect to the listening process and strerror() says 'No buffer
space
> available'. Run it with './testcase log' and wait until it
prints to stderr.

> This same code ran continuously for a long time on FreeBSD,
leaving a whole
> lot of sockets in the TIME_WAIT state for some time, but without
obvious
> problems.

Juergen,

This particular problem is a known issue with cygwin on (at least)
win98se (nb. it works fine on my win2k box).  See
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2002-07/msg00167.html (and
followups) for some discussion.

I'm sort of thinking about looking at it RSN, but I keep letting
myself get distracted :-)

// Conrad

p.s. In your makefile, try something more like the following to
link:

    gcc  -o testcase testcase.o -lwsock32

On my setup, for example, libwsock32.a is not in the default
location (and also my TERM is not "cygwin": it's "xterm"), i.e.
YMMV.