RE: Problems with CHMOD and CHOWN - I have read the FAQ !

> I cannot get CHMOD and CHOWN to work at all. I think its
> because my PC hard
> drive is partitioned into C:/ and D:/
>
> C:/ is a FAT partition
>
> D:/ is an NTFS
>
> I have installed the latest Cygwin release; 1.3.12(0.54/3/2)
> onto the D:/
> NTFS partition and have set the CYGWIN='binmode tty ntsec' variable.

Try:

  $ cygpath -w $PWD

to confirm which disk you are using when you run
'chmod' and 'chown'.

How did you confirm what filesystem is running on that disk?

How did you set the environment variable CYGWIN?
How have you confirmed what it is set to?

  $ echo $CYGWIN

Possibly, do you also need to run 'export CYGWIN'?

---