Re: More on SSH problems....

ARGH!  Sorry about that, Corinna... I hit the
wrong check mark and sent this directly to you
instead of to the list!  A thousand apologies!

I'm re-posting this to the list, only.

On 5 Aug 2002 at 12:08, Corinna Vinschen
wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 02:43:41AM -0700, Stephen C. Biggs wrote:
> > I do, in fact, have two copies (both the same) of
> > Cygwin1.dll.  One is the proper one in /bin and
> > the other is in my chroot jail <chroot>/bin since
> > this is the only way I can give the user the
> > ability to do things like 'ls', etc.
> >
> > Are you saying that this is what is killing me?
>
> Perhaps, yes.
>
> > Why doesn't it die for empty passwords?  Is
>
> No idea.  Coincidence?
>
> > there something in the pubkey authentication
> > that might be holding a reference open over the
> > chroot?  If this is true, then chroot upon SSH
> > login is impossible under Cygwin!
>
> How do you chroot after ssh login?

A shell script rather than /bin/bash is the entry
for the shell field in the user's passwd line.  The
script executes chroot to the jail with /bin/bash -
-login -i.