Re: cygwin-ENV-Variable

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> There is already an undocumented way to do this in cygwin via the
> Program Options registry key.  Create a new key:
>
> HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
>
> under this, you can create an string entry named "default" with data
> containing CYGWIN environment variable options.  If you add an "export"
> option to the end of the data values, a CYGWIN environment variable will
> be regenerated from the registry and visible in the environment.
>
> You can also set options for individual programs by adding an entry like:
>
> Name                    Type            Data
> c:\usr\sbin\inetd.exe   REG_SZ          tty export
>
> That will make cygwin always set the cygwin option to tty and export
> a CYGWIN=tty for every program that inetd invokes.

This is pretty cool, thanks!

> The main reason this this is not documented is that there is no
> programmatic way to manipulate it and I am not comfortable with telling
> people how to edit the registry "by hand".
>
> However, if you are familiar with the registry, then setting this value
> should not be a big deal.
>  cgf

What about regtool?  Or am I missing something?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes a 486 to run Windows 95.  Something is wrong here. -- SC sig file