Re: case sensitive path names

On 2 Aug 2002 at 8:19, Samuel wrote:

> > MS POSIX toolkit? *does a double take*
> >
> > Ah, of course -- probably contains tools for migrating unix files and
> > directories to winblows and for uninstalling unix. :)

[Snip insulting insinuations]

Can't you at least confine the flamewar to the original thread?
I know damn well what POSIX is -- the standard describing the
behavior of stock unix tools and protocols. I was surprised that M$
would have anything to do with POSIX, or any other widely and freely
implemented standard, but then realized they might if they figured to

encourage users to migrate to one of their own closed and proprietary

standards. In this case, from unix to Winblows.