Re: thread about Directory names containing spaces and G

On 2 Aug 2002 at 5:55, Dockeen wrote:

> One other data point which might be helpful in debugging
> would be to provide the results of
>
> gcc -v
> which gcc
> which gdb
>
> Make sure you run these commands in the same shell you used
> to compile your executable.  This should allow running to
> ground of any issues about which compiler was used...

I thought they were already sufficiently run to ground but:
-- As reported previously, the version reported is 2.95.x, while at a
   DOS prompt it's 3.x.
-- which gcc, which gdb -- /usr/bin/foo.
-- Copying the "hw" test executable to a directory without spaces in
   the pathname allows debugging. This is the same exact executable
   that was choking it, without a byte changed. Only the path is
   different. Therefore the path is the cause.