CVS error ' is missing '='ax error in //my-server/cvsroot/CVSROOT/config: line '

Is noone else getting this error since updating cygwin about a month ago?
Nothing has changed in the CVSROOT/CVSROOT directory, the only thing I did
was update to cygwin 1.3.12 from 1.3.10.

Maybe noone else has a CVS archive set up via a windows shared folder?  The
error is displayed with any cvs usage.

Its not too dangerous an error as cvs still works, but it is an annoying
glitch.  I've tried opening up the config file and putting in windows-style
carriage returns (it only had linefeeds in there) but it still reports the
error.

So what changed with regards to mounted shares between 1.3.10 and 1.3.12?
I'm sure someone will say it is in binary mode, but how do I change the mode
of an auto-mounted net share like //my-server?  Basically, I want to change
the auto-mount mode to binary I think?

Regards

Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com