Re: bash and the delete key

> The next generation of the profile package will, probably,
> have a /etc/skel directory.  When /etc/profile creates a
> home directory it will also copy the contents of /etc/skel
> to that directory.

> I suggest that you take up with the bash maintainer the
> (possible) creation of a /etc/skel/.inputrc file with
> appropriate (default) contents :)

> It might even be possible to add two 'defaults' - a
> /etc/skel/.inputrc (linux like defaults)
> /etc/skel/alt/.inputrc.mimic.windows (or something like)

I think this is a great idea for readline (.inputrc), bash
(.bash_profile), tcsh (.cshrc), etc. Actually I don't see
why they couldn't all be in the 'profile' package, though maybe
that's not exactly correct. Also perhaps these files could be
not just useful but also instructional, with comments pointing
out options, examples, and documentation. For example:

# Aliases for Windows equivalents; see 'info fileutils' for differences
alias md='mkdir'
alias rd='rmdir'