RE: Odd mount and path problem

> On Behalf Of Robinow, David
>  Maybe, but see above.
>  cygwin, if I remember that far back, was originally intended as
> a tool for
> relatively experience unix folks to be able to run their stuff on Windows.

I see Cygwin now as a way to get windows folks to try a *nix environment.
Thats certainly how I started; my (then) project leader decided that the
next project should work on Windows, Linux and Solaris so we used cygwin
and gcc for development.  It's only really since that time that I've started
using linux at home (currently Debian on my firewall and (installing as
we speak) redhat on my test machine).  I certainly couldn't have got as
far as I have without being able to switch between the windows I is/was
used too and the cygwin/linux view of my file system.

*Most* advantagous.

J.