Re: Readline-4.3-release available for FTP

--- Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:
> Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> > Hmm...
> >
> > Too bad Chuck's not with us for awhile...  I don't suppose there is
> such a
> > thing as a "substitute" maintainer until the real one returns?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Nicholas
>
> I do not think that Chuck would mind at all if in two months he comes
> back and we have found maintainers for 10-50% (or more) of his current
> packages.  We need to try to take the burden off of Chuck so that if he
> comes back he won't be so overloaded.
>
> With that being said, I will be scurrying back to my Cygwin/XFree86
> corner before anyone suggests that I take on some new packages :)

Well readline is a pretty tough package for someone to step up and
volunteer to take over permenantly.  However, with that being said, I'll
take a stab at making an upgrade.  If it checks out, then I'll volunteer
to release it on the provision that I'm only filling in during Chuck's
absence.  This should save him at least the trouble of packaging a new
release.  I do not know enough about terminal programming to make an
effective, permanent maintainer.  If someone else feels more capable, then
by all means please do.

Cheers,
Nicholas