Linking in newest cygwin severs network connection?

Hello,
I just upgraded to the newest cygwin, and have run into a serious problem
when linking using the Visual Studio linker. The linking fails and Windows
pops up a window saying:

Delayed Write Failed
Windows was unable to save all the data for the file
bin\Win32-i686\dxwarp-test2-dbg.ilk. The data has been lost. This error
may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network
connection. Please try to save the file elsewhere.

The linker gives the following error:
LINK: error: Internal error during ReadSymbolTable.

After the error occurs my network connection is completely severed and I
have to reboot. The location I'm building at is on a server and is mounted
as a binary system mount. I am on Windows 2000. Can provide any other info
that would help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Garth Shoemaker