RE: Setup.exe: plans and progress?

Pavel has already address'd this issue. Also in the plans are more
command line options, so you can script the full install. This will
happen at some indeterminate time unless one of the following occurs:
*) Someone contributes a patch.
*) Someone funds that specific development. (Contact me off list if you
wish to pursue this).

> Is this just a function of the way I've installed Cygwin  on the local
> server?  Is there some way when setting that up, so that the 1st
> install from that local machine to fresh new machines on the LAN take
> its configuration (install everything) as the default?

No. Could there be? Yes, see my point above.

> As I understand it, subsequent updates to a PC after the initial
> installation are easy.  They'll just update whatever was installed,
> by default.  Our trouble is that the *first* install seems very
> click-intensive - it's not very automatic.

It's only click intensive if you want precise control. Otherwise it's
about 6 clicks start to finish.

Rob