Re: New Mutt 1.4 package???

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 11:49:58AM -0700, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> --- Tom Halser <tom@halser.com> wrote:
> > Who's the maintainer of the mutt package?
> > I think some of us would love to see the new mutt 1.4 as part of
> > cygwin.
> Tom,
>
> Please use the mailing-list archives.  This subject has been discussed in
> the past.  I'm sure when Jason is ready to, he will release mutt-1.4.
> Until then, might I suggest pine?

mutt builds OOTB now.  I recommend that you at least attempt to build it
yourself.

I find that I don't use all of the features Jason includes.
Consequently, my build is a good bit faster on my older (200MHz)
machine.

mutt --version

will give you starting points for all the build options.

YMMV, of course, and when I put a copy on a faster machine, I'm likely
not to care about the fairly small performance difference.