Re: problem with inheriting environment

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 11:10:46PM +0100, Chris January wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 05:21:35PM +0100, Chris January wrote:
>> >The settings in the CYGWIN environment variable don't seem to be
>> >inherited by child processes with latest CVS.
>>
>> This isn't enough information for me to go on.  You don't see
>> "CYGWIN=whatever" in your child processes?  You say CYGWIN=tty and the
>> CYGWIN environment variable says "tty" but you don't have a tty?  You
>> say "CYGWIN=ntsec" but the enhanced permissions are not there?
>I set CYGWIN=ntsec and the ehanced permissions are not there.
>I set CYGWIN=check_case:strict and the case checking is relaxed.
>The CYGWIN environment variable does not appear in the environ_init debug
>output of the child process,

There is no debug output from a child process which would show the CYGWIN
environment variable.

>and parse_options is not called.

As I said, the CYGWIN environment variable is getting set for me.  I
don't know how to explain what you're seeing.

If I can't duplicate the problem, there is no way that I'll be able to
debug it.

This sounds similar to the problem that you reported before.

If you can figure out why it's happening, I'd be happy to try to rectify
the situation.  Setting a breakpoint in environ_init and inspecting the
passed-in environment block should provide some clue about what is
happening.

cgf