Re: Executing commands is VERY slow when logged into an NT domain....

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 09:01:53AM -0700, Rick Rankin wrote:
> I have a couple of local accounts, and one of them does have the same name as
> my domain account. That's the one I logged on to while connected to my home
> network, and everything worked fine (no slowdown). I could try the other one,
> but I would expect it to work as well.

It's perhaps the other way around.  Pre-1.3.11 versions of Cygwin
asked the local machine for information about users before trying
to ask the DC.  This could result in having no slowdown since you
accidentally got a valid answer... just for the wrong account.

So my guess is that the slowdown when having no contact to the
DC is the normal case and having not the slowdown was just due
to an error in Cygwin.

As I said, just a guess for now...

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.