Re: still cannot telnet to cygwin 1.3.10

Don Sharp wrote:
... snip ...

> I set CYGWIN for inetd via the registry as
>
> It might be that this is no longer a viable approach and has to be set
> via the system's CYGWIN environment variable.

It turns out that when I set "CYGWIN=binmode ntsec tty" as a system
environment variable everything works OK. Shame the registry entry is no
longer enough!

Additionally I created a local user "root" with backup priveleges so I
can use the tape drives from a Unix box.

Thanks again to David Starks-Browning.

Cheers

Don Sharp

> The execute permissions are OK according to "ls" and I had tried 1.3.10
> with freshly created passwd and group. What baffles me is that all that
> is necessary to produce a working arrangement is to substitute 1.3.10
> cygwin1.dll by 1.3.9.
>
> Anyway, I'll make further experiments soon.
>
> TVM
>
> Don Sharp

... snip ...