Findutils-4.1.7-4: updatedb skips last top-level directory on disk

When doing updatedb on the entire system, the last directory on a disk
seems to be skipped.  By "last directory" I mean (apparently) the last
in the alphabetical sorting order of Windows Explorer.

I use "updatedb --localpaths='/cygdrive'" to obtain the file database
for my entire system (C:  and D:  drives).  For each drive, the last
top-level directory has a single entry for the directory itself, but
with no subdirectories and files.  For example, when WINDOWS was the
last directory of the C:  drive, "/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS" was in the
database but nothing else under C:\WINDOWS.  Then I added a directory
"zzztmp" with a few test files, and this time all of the files in
C:\WINDOWS were included, but none of the files in C:\zzztmp, only the
single entry "/cygdrive/c/zzztmp".

A workaround seems to be to place a dummy directory such as "zzzzzzzz"
on each drive.

Other than that, updatedb and locate work great!  No more waiting around
while the animated dog on Windows XP tries to keep you amused.  :)

--Norm