RE: Setup 2.249.2.3 on Win2k hangs while uninstalling packages

Pavel:

Thanks for your help so far!

When this problem first occurred last Friday, setup was
trying to uninstall an older version of 'popt'.

I just tried setup.exe again, setting it up to just
uninstall python (which was the original goal on Friday: I
thought I had a conflict between the Cygwin Python and
ActiveState Python that was preventing me from correctly
generating a Windows .exe).

Today's python uninstall attempt had the same symptom: 99%
of the machine is devoted to setup.exe, and memory
utilization climbs and climbs and climbs...

Bob