Re: Cut down xfree server for XDMCP only

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 12:30 am, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> For example, MySQL use the cygwin dll for their windows
> port (see http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html) but they are
> using cygwin 1.3.9 not the current version.  This could cause problems in
> the future if someone does not keep their mysql setup up to date but also
> uses Cygwin and does keep it up to date (or vice-versa).

Actually, I just checked a bit more carefully.  They host the source for
cygwin 1.3.9, but it looks to me like the actual dll they use is B19 (or at
least, it is named cygwinb19.dll - perhaps they have a more recent one and
just name it that for compatibility??).

Someone please tell me I'm wrong, but won't this potentially cause serious
problems if someone is running mysql (assuming it really is using B19) and
also tries to run an up-to-date cygwin install?

Rasjid.