Use of PROMPTING

Howdy all!

I am running Cygwin on W2K and I would like to know how to change my colors.
I changed them in the properties section of the consols but it turns out
this is only Windows settings and Cygwin's Bash goes on and uses its own
colors irrespective.

I had a look at man bash and found the section on PROMPTING. I didn't see
any information on changing colors but I saw some old archive messages that
mention this is the way to change them.

Can anyone tell me if this is the way to change colors - and if so how?

Should I set PS1 and PS2 in Cygwin.bat as an argument to bash:
bash --login -i

Thanks for any advice!

Rob

:)