Re: Updated Tcl Tk and Tix

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Mike Clarkson wrote:

> Now that a recent version of Tcl Tk and Tix are available for
> CYGWIN, could the current distribution get updated to 8.3.4,
> and could Python be recompiled against it?
>
> See:
>
>     ftp://ftp.nanotech.wisc.edu/pub/khan/tcl/tcltk-8.3.4-cygwin/

Someone will have to build and maintain the packages, and so far the
few people who I had asked have declined. Anyone?

In case someone is willing to contribute the packages with updated
Tcl/Tk/BLT/Tix/etc, I should point out that there are quite a few
differences from Cygwin Tcl/Tk tree:

1. The DLLs/executables don't have cyg prefix.

2. I haven't made some of the path related modifications that Cygwin
(basically the former Cygnus tree) makes such as installing the Tcl/Tk
files into datadir instead of stock Tcl's libdir.

3. None of the dejagnu tests are in my tree.

4. Various other infrastructure items that are normally in Cygnus
tree.

5. Various changes to defaults such as fonts etc (lots of it in Tix)
that are specific to Cygnus tree.

My goal is minimum deviation from release trees.

Regards,
Mumit