Cygwin Winsock recv/WSARecv(..., MSG_PEEK) patch (Take 3)

Eric,

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 11:18:36AM -0400, Eric S Raymond wrote:
> Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net>:
> > Nevertheless, thanks for your patch.  Yours is "better" because it removes
> > the code duplicate between the SSL and non-SSL cases.  My second version
> > is "better" because it minimizes perturbing the existing code base.
> >
> > Maybe a combination of the two would be best?
> >
> >     o elimination of code duplication (from yours)
> >     o use of cygwin_read (via #def fm_read) to hide the Cygwin Winsock
> >       workaround (from mine)
> >
> > Eric,
> >
> > Do you have any opinions on what is the best approach?  Also, would
> > you consider one of these patches for inclusion in 6.0.0 (or 5.9.13)?
> > Or, should I resubmit after 6.0.0?
>
> This sounds like it qualifies as a bug fix.  I'll cheerfully take a combined
> patch for 6.0.0.

Attached is the above mentioned combined patch (against fetchmail
5.9.12).  Specifically, it is composed of Sunil Shetye's eliminate
the duplicate SockRead() code patch:

    http://lists.ccil.org/pipermail/fetchmail-friends/2002-June/002213.html

and my hide the Cygwin Winsock workaround patch:

Thanks,
Jason