cannot create directory on startup

Before I begin I want to apologize for this posting. I scoured the archives looking for an answer but I am not sure where this problem is originating from and didn't get very far. I also tried using the search engine but it rarely returned and when it did, the topics had little/nothing to do with my problem (or my search string).

I've installed cygwin repeatedly on my W2K system with different packages (varying from default to installing everything) and I continue to receive the following error each time I run the cygwin.bat file or enter the command 'bash -login -i'.

mkdir: cannot create directory `/cygdrive/c/SF|home': No such file or directory
bash: cd: /cygdrive/c/SF|home: No such file or directory

I've also noticed that $HOME = '/cygdrive/c/SF|home'. The directory 'SF' does not exist anymore. It was originally used as a test install of SourceForge. Any help would be appreciated, I would like to use cygwin to interact with our CVS server (linux) and would like to have the environment variables set up in my startup script.

Thanks in advance!
--

*Anthony Rabaa*
/Stress is when you wake up screaming