Re: /proc/registry issues

CS> *) All the files have a size of 0, regardless of their contents. (This might
CS> explain why if you open a registry file in XEmacs, it comes up empty.) You
CS> can get the size of a value's data is accessible, without retrieving the
CS> data itself, via RegQueryValueEx.

I asked myself the same question but then I realized that on linux
everything under /proc has a size of zero.Yes, I know that there is
difference between the /proc on linux and /proc/registry on cygwin :)
Other than that I think it will be cool to have the sizes and i think
its easy to implement. Though I'll have to wait for my assignment.

Btw I'm using Midnight Commander on my box and it opens the files like
a charm.

CS> *) Not all of the top-level keys exist on all windows versions (for example,
CS> HKEY_DYN_DATA is only available in 95/98/Me) but they all appear in
CS> /proc/registry regardless of the underlying windows version (as an empty
CS> directory). It would be nice, but presumably not critical, if only those
CS> that existed actually appeared.

The same question can be found in the fhandler_registry.cc :)
Obviously it is all about how many people will complain about the fact
that they have a value which they shouldn't :)