More 1.3.11 road show

Please keep banging on the recent snapshots.  There is continued work on
security, binmode issues, virtual device (proc, registry) issues, and
other minor stuff.

As promised, I have been making binmode the default in cygwin.  You can
still use the mount command (or setup.exe for that matter) to default to
text mode but I am slowly removing all text mode assumptions from the
code, specifically for accesses of remote shares (as was previously
requested in this mailing list).

Most devices now default to binmode, too.

I'd like to deprecate the 'binmode' CYGWIN environment variable setting
in favor of actually mounting devices with the setting that you want.
So, for instance, you could do this, if you wanted your pipe reads to
default to text mode:

mount -t -s \dev\piper /dev/piper

(I haven't actually tried this, but it should work)

This gives you more pinpoint control and allows you to set a default for
pipes but not for, say, com ports.

I'm also refining the ability of cygwin to detect the file name of
stdin/stdout/stderr when first invoked from a command shell.  The code
in question is basically low level NT voodoo but it seems to be coming
into shape.

What this means is that if you do something like this:

c:\>pwd > d:\tmp\foo

and you've previously done a

mount -b d:\tmp /dtmp

then the line endings in d:\tmp\foo will be \n rather than \r\n.

I know that we (Red Hat) have some customers who won't like this, so
I'm going to have to think of a way to override this somehow.  In the
meantime, I'm happy to finally have this capability available.

So, keep the reports coming.  There are a couple of patches to go and
then I'll release 1.3.11.

cgf