Re: Building cygwin1.dll and mknetrel

--- Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> wrote:

> egor duda wrote:
>
> > Hi!

> '#!/bin/sh' to
> on the
> builtin,
> above)
> >>>

> > CF> Yes, I have never run this under cygwin, actually.  It was
> intended as a
> > CF> cross-compilation environment.  I'm surprised that it works on
> cygwin
> > CF> with so few changes.
> >
> > I'm running it on cygwin. All i need is to build getopt.exe and
> > readlink.exe from two attached source files. readlink.c is taken from
> > OpenBSD cvs, and getopt.c is slightly patched version of getopt.c from
> > linux-utils. They both can be built out-of-the-box.
>

> Hmm...these seem like useful additions, and since getopt.exe is from
> linux-utils:
>
> should readlink and getopt be added to cygutils?  </fear full.exe>

Chuck,

As I mentioned earlier, they probably should, as they are YAE of those
small miscellaneous shell utilities you probably never think you'll use
but then one day realize you need them for some script you are writing :).
 Seriously, though, it would probably be useful to have these, not quite
as useful as a full port of glibc, but, nonetheless, useful in their own
way.  Anyone else feel this way?

Cheers,
Nicholas