cygwin setup v2.218.2.9: does not display all available packages inlocal install mode

I ran the setup.exe and chose download from internet and downloaded ALL
the binary packages from the http://uiarchive.uiuc.edu mirror.
(including all the apache modules, mod_php4, mod_dav, etc...)
When all the packages were downloaded I ran setup.exe again and chose
install from local directory.  It loads up the list of packages and I
went through and selected the packages I wanted installed..
specifically, the base packages plus apache.. then I went to add in the
mod_* packages and there were not in the list.. I looked at the
setup.ini file manually and they are supposed to appear in the net and
web categories as they did during the download from internet install,
but they do not appear in the local directory install...
I installed what I had selected and re-ran setup.exe and chose install
from internet.. the mod_* packages where now in the list under the net
and web categories.   The installer is using the same setup.ini file (I
was checking the file and mod times of the file during the install.)
but for some reason several of the packages are missing when running the
local directory install mode....  And the mod_* files are downloaded
into my local directory.... And I did try changing view modes, and
switching from previous/current/ and exp package listing.....

a related question to the problem is:
Is there a way to MANUALLY install a package? (ie. through a command
line installer?)

Edward Rudd