Re: cygwin 1.3.10 mmap+fork+sockets=fixup_mmaps_after_fork

> On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 03:57:07PM -0500, Michael Potter wrote:
> >
> > Enclosed is a sample program that demonstrates a bug with
> > mmap, fork, and sockets.  This sample is very similar to
> > on submitted by me on june 2, but this one eliminiates sysV ipc.
> >
> > here is the sample run:
>
> Your example code works fine with Cygwin from current cvs HEAD.
> So I assume the problem has been fixed.
> Corinna

Corinna,

We just tried the latest snap shot and the example fails.

I want to confirm that you ran the sample properly.

Did you do a "telnet hostname 5210" to allow the program to
continue the the second fork, which fails?

You will get the command prompt back because the sample
"daemonizes", but you need to telnet to it to allow
the daemon to continue.

--
Michael Potter