Apache source files

I am sorry if the subject of this email is boring to long-time
subscribers, but I am very puzzled by the instructions for configuring
the Apache web server in Cygwin.

I have downloaded Cygwin and am quite successful in some aspects, for
example, in running Perl programs.  I have downloaded the Apache package
according to the default Internet directions.  However, the directions
for configuring and installing Apache
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/cygwin.html) are mystifying.  Here are my
questions:

1. In which directory is the source code for Apache to be found?  Can
someone tell me a sample file name I could use to verify this?

2. How do I run the shell script configure?  I have the README.CONFIGURE
file, but no matter in which directory I type "./configure", I get the
message "no such file or directory."

Thanks.

--Bob