gcc 3.1

There have been some posts regarding this on the gcc page in the last week,
on in part read:

"gcj on cygwin is absolutely bleeding edge. Hans Boehm tells me there are
garbage collector patches
still to be applied, and it may crash randomly in unusual ways. Almost
certainly other runtime problems as well. "

Check out the gcc archives. I wanted to send a link, but the SPAM filter had
a problem with that, I think.
I have reached far beyond what I really know on the topic.  :-)

Wayne Keen