Re: Adding col to cygutils

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> You're wrong.  If Chuck wants to give people write access to cygwin-apps,
> we can accommodate him.

[jorg, see last paragraph]

I know this.  However, right now I do not want to do that -- not because
  I'm a control freak or anything, but I just haven't figured out the
best way to handle commits from multiple developers (authorization,
approval (reversals?) etc).  I'm usually pretty responsive to updates
and such (no complaints so far) and really, there are only three
contributors other than me -- there haven't really been a whole lot of
updates to deal with.

I don't WANT cygutils to grow so large that we need multiple approved
committers and "community standards" and suchlike.  For now, the three
people who this actually affects can continue to send me their patches,
and I'll apply them.  If my latency gets too large, or I hear complaints
from those three poeple, then I'll re-evaluate...

Now, Jorg Schaible IS one of those three people.  Jorg, have you had
problems I need to know about?  Let's discuss this offline...[btw,
speaking of latency, I'll be only infrequently accessing email over the
next three days -- more ammo for your position?]

--Chuck