RE: setup.exe 2.218.2.8/9 broken

Convention.

> If convention, could situation 2 be eliminated by adding a
> "cygwin" id to the name e.g. setup-cyg.ini.  setup.exe
> (?setup-cyg.exe?) could look for the new version
> preferentially, falling back to the old if not found.

Until a new piece of software - say a cygwin related tool - calls it's
ini files setup-cyg.ini. I see this as an interesting idea, but
fundamentally just a kludge.

The real solution IMO is to
* Rather than default to CWD if there is no stored preferemce default to
CWD + /archive (to catch what could be a common approach of making
c:\cygwin and then running setup from there. This is an approach
'taught' to folk older auto-extracting archive programs).
* When the local package dir is chosen, do a scan for ini files, and if
any parsing errors occur, complain at that point (and not with the
parsing error), rather than when heading into the chooser. This allows
us to say 'The local package dir you have chosen contains setup.exe
specific files that are corrupt or invalid. Please see
http://www.cygwin.com/setup-ug.html for more information'.

Cheers,
Rob