Re: /cygdrive/c ==> //c

Christopher --

...and then Christopher Faylor said...
%
% On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 10:12:44AM -0400, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
% >You don't need to run it manually with each "login".  "mount" writes to
% >the registry so the settings are persistent.  "mount -m" shows them to
% >you.
%
% Ah!  Registry!  Now I understand.
% Another method that should work is copying the registry to paper tape
% and using hole punches and white out to make whatever changes you want.

Silly Christopher...  You should know that Scotch tape is much more
flexible than crusted white-out!  I like the idea, though; it gives you a
physical backup of your mount table so that you can restore it when the
registry gets corrupted.

Do you have a tape reader that reads the sheet-feed sides of dot-matrix
fan paper?  I have a bunch of that lying around and it seems awfully
suited to binary anyway ;-)

HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@justpickone.org * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie