Re: CYGWIN ...what next ??

At 10:12 AM 5/1/2002, Patrick Quinnett wrote:

>I believe I have done everything that I was directed to via the
>installation of CYGWIN onto my Windows2000 PC.  I downloaded the
>setup.exe and then executed it.  I now have a Windows directory
>structure that has a whole bunch of sub directories and bz2 files
>in them.  I cannot find an executable to start CYGWIN and cannot
>find a way to un-bz2 all the files in the subs.
>
>Please just point me in the right direction...

Apparently you chose to simply download packages.  If you want to
install them, rerun setup and this time choose to install from a
local directory (where you downloaded the packages the last time).
This will install the packages you select in this step.  You could
have also chosen to download and install in one step, which sounds
like it would've been the less confusing option for you.