Re: setup 2.194.2.24: Bug (?) in downloading from internet

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 09:47:14PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]

Why is the redownloading a "good thing" in case of download only
mode?  If I want to redownload something, I could just remove it
and then say to download it again.

> If we remove that, then packages won't
> get downloaded again and again and again - but setup will be no more
> suited to being a mirroring tool.

The "no more suited to being a mirroring tool" really confuses
me!  How is redownloading good for a mirror tool?  The only case
I can see to redownload a certain file is when the time of the
file has changed (or the size).  If it *looks* the same, don't
download it again.

The only file that really should need that, afaik, is setup.ini,
and I think you download that anyway?

> > > If you
> > > want a setup.ini parsing mirroring tool, take me up on my offer to
> > > help someone leverage the setup.ini codebase to build a mirroring
> > > tool.

Why do you even need to parse setup.ini to be able to mirror
something?

Using something as wget should work, I just didn't try it yet.

Kurt