Re: problems running apache and passwd comands

At 11:22 AM 4/24/2002, moi wrote:
>Apache was installed by the setup from the internet
>its version is
>

>  Package             Version
>apache              1.3.24-1
>
>The files are present ( httpd.exe  ... dlls)  when i explore the folder
>But a bash  httpd  command will result invariably in      command unknown

Somehow, you don't have the Cygwin paths set.  If you just want them for
Cygwin, set them in /etc/profile.  If you want them for Windows and Cygwin,
you can just set them in Windows.

>It's the same for    ash       command unknown

Ditto.

>although it seems to be a "base" package
>
>Package             Version
>ash                 20020131-1
>

>When i try to click directly on the httpd exe i get the error:   cygwin1.dll
>missing     although it IS present ( i seracheed for it)

Then you need to add the Cygwin bin directory to your Windows path.

>When i type   passwd in the console, i get the subsequent error:      it
>says    passwd.exe is linked to a missing export   netapi32.dll :
>NetApiBufferFree  (translated from French sorry)

I guess you're running 9x/Me.  password and group utilities won't work there.