setup local installation problem

Somewhere deep in my directory tree I have a directory
ftp%3a%2f%2fftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de%2fpub%2fMirrors%2fsources.redhat.com%2
fcygwin which contains a setup.exe, setup.ini and directories contrib,
latest, and release. Due to low bandwidth I had to download the files within
these directories in many passes. I have a partial installation of the
cygwin tools in c:\cygwin.

If  I try to add the src-files to my installation by means of setup.exe
version 2.194.2.24 with the option 'Install from Local Directory' this
fails. As an example the Bin of the binutils are already installed and I
want to install the Src now. When setup tries to install
binutils-20011002-1-src a message box pops-up: "Can't open (null) for
readung: no such file". However binutils-20011002-1-src.tar.bz2 is located
in the directory release\binutils. Unfortunately the log file does not give
an additional clue for the cause of this problem. What is the reason for
that?

Additional comment:
The setup program is puzzling anyway:
1st I chose 'Install from Local Directory'.
2nd I am asked 'where  you want to install Cygwin', I chose c:\cygwin.
3rd - in the 'Select Local Package Directory' tab I am asked to select a
directory 'where you want to store the installation files it downloads'.
This is missleading - I guess setup wants to know the local directory in
which the downloaded packages are stored.

Regards, Frank.