RE: How to install customised version of cygwin

Sure. You wanted to know what setup.exe does. The most accurate list is
the source code itself.

> At present this involves several steps:
>
> 1. Using setup.exe to install cygwin;
> 2. Downloading XFree86, unzipping extract.exe and running the
> Xinstall.sh script;

This can be done via setup.exe as well.

> 3. Downloading Tk800.23.1, then running
> perl Makefile.PL, make, make test and make install;

Make a package, you could even contribute it back to cygwin. See
http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html. Also see the cygwin-apps archives.

> 4. Copying over the perl utilities I have from my source
> location to /usr/local/bin.
>
> I would like to reduce the above steps to a single-step
> installation.

Which can be done via a extra setup.ini and a local webserver.

... This
> is really what I am after.

And you have been answered. The details are also in this lists archives.

Rob