Re: Why did you guys break EVERYTHING...

Schwartz, Barry wrote:

> I'm sure you won't put this in the "intelligent" question genre but...
> I've been using cygwin for years and I brag about it and make all my teammates install it and make my managers refuse to piss away money on MKS...
> Well, I think that party's over.  I just installed the new distribution and every one (and I mean EVERY GODDAMN ONE) of my scripts that call any of your routines that need to know what a host or a directory are f#$king broke.  What in god's name is "/usr/local/bin" on a windows machine?  Why don't you UNIX weeneies get a grip.  F#$king fix it.  It used to be great.  Now I can't even change a directory.
> I've gone back to your old, unsupported code until we can find the money to equip our team with MKS for $400 a throw.  Thanks for making a great product unusable.

BTW, did it occur to anyone that the rapid and multiple responses to
this email -- which, given its tone and lack of specific content
qualifies as a troll by any objective measure -- serve to ENCOURAGE this
sort of insistent, badgering, and rude behavior?

I mean, geez -- it worked, didn't it?  The guy IS getting his answers --
and very rapidly...  In behavioral science, we call this "positive
reinforcement of aberrent behavior".

--Chuck