Re: GNU/Windows

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 10:26, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 08:22:19PM +0900, J. Grant wrote:
> >The idea was from a conversation I had with some co-workers, not
> >entirely seriously but thank you for your reply setting the facts
> >straight.
>
> So, sending this email RMS was a joke, then?  Are you guys personal
> friends who enjoy a good laugh?  Or did you just forge the header?
>
> >Windows has been established as a reasonable generic word IMO, with the
> >Lindows case this was hinted at reciently.
>
> You're aware of what the term "arguably" means, right?

Even the possibility that it could be construed as a trademark
infringemnet means paying lawyers and consuming time, meaning it's just
not worth it most of the time.  Someone like Richardson at Lindows can
fight battles like that (I really think he enjoys court more than
development), but real development teams should be doing development not
fight trademark infringement, it's a pointless waste of resources.

Chris Tooley