Re: Bash shell extension ?

At 06:17 PM 4/11/2002, Adam wrote:
>I am looking for a pre-made Windows shell extension to open a folder in Bash,
>or information on how to do so .. I know there is one for opening a DOS command
>prompt, but who wants to use DOS when we've got Bash?
>
>Basically what I have in mind is this: Right-click on a folder and on the
>explorer menu you see "Bash prompt here" or something like that .. Click on
>that, and your Bash opens in the folder you clicked on .. The only trick would
>be the path translation, but it shouldn't be too hard to do that ..
>
>This would be a very handy tool to have, and I imagine someone out there has
>already coded it ..

You've imagined correctly.  When you think of something like this and it
occurs to you that it may already exist, the first place you should think of
looking is the email list archives.  If anything has been previously
discussed, you'll find it there.  This particular topic has come up at least
a couple of times.  One of those times (if not more) had sufficient
information that  I was able to create for myself exactly what you describe.
As I recall, it required little more than adding an entry or two to the
registry in the proper spot.   But I forget the details.  You should be able
to find these details in the email list archives though.  Now I've gone full
circle so it's time to stop. ;-)

Good luck,