Re: problems updating from CVS

At 12:37 PM 4/9/2002, Chris January wrote:
>In /src/tcl/tests on the CVS server there are two files, one named
>iOUtil.test and the other ioUtil.tests. Notice the difference in the
>capitalisation of the O. Although these two files can exist with separate
>directory entries under case-insensitive file systems (most Unices), because
>Windows file system is case sensitive, these two files conflict. Is there
>any way I can resolve this?

I think you have a few "mix-ups" in your message.  First, the two files you
mention have different names.  I expect that was a typo.  Secondly, you
state that most forms of UNIX have case-insensitive file systems and that
Windows has case-sensitive.  The reverse is actually true.

In terms of resolving the issue with filenames in the same directory differing
by case only, see:

Are mixed-case filenames possible with Cygwin?
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC58

This should give you a hint as to one extreme of the possibilities.  The
other extreme (which is the current state) requires you to change one file
name or the other.

Figuring out if there is a middle ground is an exercise left for the
reader. ;-)