glib threads

I am trying to install glib 2.0.1 under cygwin (all the latest
packages).  Whenever I do a ./configure, I always get the
following message.

configure: WARNING: You do not have any known thread system on
your computer. GLib will not have a default thread
implementation.

No "--with-threads=" options make a difference, and according to
an old message, it should work automatically.

Robert Collins wrote:

> If you've got cygwin 1.3.1 you shouldn't need to disable
> threads. glib should auto-detect pthreads (which is correct).

> Rob

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

=====
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net