RE: trouble using scanf on double arguments under Windows2000

Hi,

I modernized my Cygwin last night, but have not had a
chance to try some of the offending programs.  When I
was using an older version, some programs exhibit the
problem and some would not, it was really weird.
Tonight, I will try to find one or two programs that
did not work properly and see if they work with the
new Cygwin, if not then I will have to try to figure
out what is causing it instead of looking for a
workaround as Christopher suggested.

By the way, I just thought of this and I don't know if
this makes a difference, but when I had the problem
before I was using Windows 95.  I have since moved on
to Windows NT 4.0 with service pack 6, maybe that will
make a difference?

Have a nice day.

James Merritt