Re: ftpd now broken with current cygwin release..

At 01:46 PM 4/2/2002, Gord Wait wrote:
>I updated my work pc cygwin setup yesterday, and now when I try to
>use ftp to get files from my work machine, it won't let me login,
>and tells me it "can suid"
>
>Telnet still works.
>
>I checked over the /etc/passwd and ftpusers file, they look ok..
>Help!

OK, so you're looking for ideas of things to check.  The email archives
are a good place to look.  The documentation in /usr/doc/Cygwin, ditto.
Despite what I'm interpreting as a typo, I'm guessing that your problem
is that it can't change your user context.  That's been discussed *allot*
in many contexts (sshd, login, inetd, etc).  It usually comes down to missed
configuration setting.  The front-runners here?  A needed daemon isn't
started as SYSTEM and ntsec isn't set in your CYGWIN environment variable
(at the system level).  But the docs and email archives talk about all kinds
of problems and solutions.  You might need to spend some time going through
them.

Good luck,